Thursday, August 8, 2013

Update on the walking

A week ago we saw PT about Kamryn's walking.  She was prescribed orthotics, which I ordered on Thursday.  They were shipped on Friday and arrived on Saturday.  I put them in her cute little handmedown Nikes from Kjerstin.  With her first step she started walking different.  Actually moving her ankles, it was amazing.  So this week she has been working up to wearing them about 4 to 5 hours a day.  The orthotics help her muscles start from a neutral place, (instead of a negative place) in order to help her move to a positive place in her walking.  Kamryn would get tired from walking  before, it was a lot of work for her to do. Now she is climbing and starting to run.  While she does get tired it's not as frequent. I find myself chasing her more, which might explain why my hip and my knee hurt today.

No comments:

Post a Comment