Thursday, March 14, 2013

11:30 PM Panic

Nothing says panic better than an 11:30 pm phone call from Children's Hospital.  I was lying in bed when my cell phone rang.  The only phone calls I would answer at that time of night would come from my kids, my other family members and Children's Hospital. The voice on the other end identified himself as Dr. Blah blah (its 11:30 pm I don't do that time of night)  from CH. He apologized for the late call and asked how Kamryn was doing.  Kamryn was blissfully asleep, dreaming of pink and purple legos and how to "open" them. The Dr then told me some of  Kamryn's lab work had come back, her potassium and BUN were high. (BUN stands for blood urea nitrogen.)  The Dr and I talked about her previous blood work, he told me he would call Dr Law (in the morning, I'm sure he is more sleep deprived than I am.) and let me know what was going on.  11:50 pm he calls back and says Dr Law wants to wait for the other labs to come back before doing anything.  And that should be the end of it right.... well no...   Back in my bed, I begin that... is she really okay... did I do what I was suppose to do... she has a stuffed up nose... she did go to sleep a little earlier than usual... oh and there was that man/ boy who sneezed near her.   Just as I stopped the dialog in my head guess who wakes up.  Yes, little missy!  Well okay diaper change, bottle, song, shes asleep, lay her in her bed. (yes the one in her room not the floor of the family room, where she sleeps all the time)  No sleep,  Okay try again... 2 am and again...3 am and again... 4 am...  This mommy has now completely forgotten all of the parenting skill, tricks, and songs...  I lay Kamryn on the floor in the family room and go to the couch in the living room.  I can here her... she isn't happy...5 am,  but is soon asleep and me too.  6 am meds... but we are able to go back to sleep fairly quickly.  7:30 am boy must get up....and get ready for school...(this is a task not left for an amateur or a sleep deprived mom.  I believe Mark is wearing his rain boots with his sweat pants.)   This mommy needs a nap... Kamryn is asleep  I think I take that nap now.

No comments:

Post a Comment