Thursday, May 10, 2012

5 months old today

Just nine months ago I found out I was pregnant.  Yes I was 4 months along when I discovered this.  That means I had 5 months to complete a 9 month project.   But of course it was 4.5 months because Kamryn was early.  Now, she is 5 months old.  The first few weeks with her were blissful,  having a new baby was exciting and tiring at the same time.  The next five weeks were spent in a hospital not knowing if Kamryn would live or die.  And then the call we had prepared to wait for as long as necessary came.  "We have accepted a heart for Kamryn."  In what seemed like a whirl wind family was gathered and  Kamryn was prepared for a heart transplant. A few hours later, after holding out breaths another call came. This one was,  "The heart is in and beating."   My formerly grey baby was now pink, with a scare down her chest, a tube still down her throat and a bright future ahead of her.
 
Today I sit on the floor with her beside me in her nap nanny.  She is chattering away and is  highly opinionated about something.  Did I think she would be able to sit beside me at home happy and content.  At times no (but those were my weak non believing dark moments).  Through prayer God heard my cries and gave me the peace to know He was in control. 

Happy 5 month birthday Kamryn.

2 comments:

  1. A blessedly happy five month birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 5 month birthday to beautiful, chatty Kamryn! Praise the Lord! Ps. 34:8 "O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him."

    ReplyDelete