Sunday, June 17, 2012

Four Months Ago a Heart Transplant Changed Our Lives

Yes, today, four months ago was Kamryn's heart transplant.  I am in awe!  That early morning phone call with the words, "We have a heart for Kamryn." will forever be ingrained in me. Today is a different kind of day in the life of Kamryn.  She sat with us in bed as we celebrated Fathers day breakfast.  Her medications now take a few minutes instead of an hour to give.  She smiles, happily at her family and is make great strides   in her development.  (she does prefer mommy, but that is normal too.)
Today I was drawn to Hannah (1 Samuel 1and 2:11). While our stories are different our hearts are the same.  We have shared anguish and pain, peace and joy.
My heart rejoices in the Lord: in the Lord my horn is lifted high, My mouth boasts over my enemies, for I delight in your deliverance. 1 Samuel 2:1

No comments:

Post a Comment